John Dewey’s “Democracy & Education” at 100, Day 2
April 1, 2016, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wisconsin Idea Room, 159 Education Building, 1000 Bascom Mall
Topics for discussion include:
- Does educational decision-making produce democratic outcomes?
- Have requirements of civic education changed in the last 100 years?
- Is there a place for common curriculum in progressive education?
- Does a democratic approach to education undermine minority cultures?
- Should education for democracy support religiously fundamentalist schools?